Thursday, January 15, 2009

They came back

I was knew it was coming, since I'd gotten the wave requesting permission a couple days before. I just wish they'd given me more notice so I could have been there in some kind of official capacity when they arrived. Not that I can really complain, since I hadn't seen 'Brina dance before.

Details differed depending on who you asked, but it looked like Colonel Silvermane had made good on her promise and actually done something nice for us. She came down with Doc Lavochkin, two or three assistants (Mister Mathews said 'a whole goram platoon!' but he's like that) and crates of medical and communications supplies. No strings attached, so they tell me she said.

Hate to admit it, but we could use the supplies. I'd been hitting up the Yard's pharmacy for months to help keep us stocked, and it's nice to see the Alliance actually doing what they said the goram war was about in the first place: 'bringing civilization to the outer colonies.'

Not sure how it's all going to work out. Folks on Hale's Moon mostly despise the Alliance, even if they're being civil. Doctor Lavochkin's supposed to be staying with us for a while, and I hope the townsfolk can get past the uniform and see the Doc as a Doc. Didn't get to know her when she was here before, but the folks seemed to like her when they didn't know she was an Alliance medic. Don't see a reason they should change now.

That doesn't mean folks will always see reason. I'll have to make sure I get General and Lily to keep an eye out, and maybe ask Miss Jade and Uncle Sobi to watch out for her too. I don't trust the Alliance myself, even given my own history with them, but the Colonel stood by us when the Loyalists attacked and a qualified Doc's always a blessing. Especially one who's not apt to randomly go batshit insane, like Doc Gallagher.

Guess we'll just have to see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment