Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The one wherin things go from bad to worse...

It wasn't bad enough that Nack came into my office and started telling me what was acceptable or not on the colony I'd been elected to lead. I could write that off to him being over-protective of Lily and running his mouth before he actually knew what the hell was going on. I could have just let that go.

He talked about it being unacceptable. What's unacceptable is waltzing in and telling me how to run the gorram colony.

But then Lily has to go stow away on his boat (at least xOxO cleared that up, sicne the first I'd heard was he'd taken her himself) and rather than just sending a wave saying "She stowed away on my boat. You mind if she stays with us for a while?" Which would have solved the problem, he has to go and set Blackburne's defenses to target any boat inbound with a Hale's Moon ident.

What the bloody hell was that man thinking?

This has pushed the level of disrespect farther than I can just write off. It's become a matter of honor, and the worst part of it is I can't directly redress the issue without causing more harm. Honor demands I act. Acting harms those I love.

So here I am. Stuck with the only option that doesn't involve abandoning my own honor or shedding a friend's blood: staying away from Firefly's until Nack pulls his head out of his ass and apologizes.

Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment