Thursday, January 22, 2009

Is it residual gin, or just too much to process?

Note to self: Even with a biofilter implant, a body mass of 41 kilograms does not give a person much capacity for ethanol. Never mind that I don't drink and I've never had a taste for Gin. It's all in the delivery.

A bit of residual fuzziness from one of those Detox shots Speaker keeps on hand was probably contributing to the problem, bit I have so many things running through my head I can't seem to process it all. Sad for someone who spent time as an Intel officer. But then, most Intel officers never run into the marginally contained chaos that's living on Hale's Moon has turned out to be.

Not the chaos of battle you expect in a war zone. No. Hale's isn't like that. Between random Raiders, the occasional Reavers like yesterday, Loyalists like a couple days before, or those gorram weaponized mining machines I keep hoping won't show up here, it's more like one of those old machines that you dropped in a coin to make some kind of random prize drop out the hatch. Never quite know what you're going to get, but it probably won't be as nice as the little picture on the outside of the machine.

Add people into the mix, and it all just gets more chaotic. When some of those people aren't exactly Human?

Makes the mind boggle, it does.

I think life was simpler before. Not as rewarding, maybe, but not so complex. When you don't actually care about people, you don't have to feel their pain, or confusion, or any of the other emotions you can't shut out when you actually care.

I can't even assemble my thoughts clearly. The last day's been such a jumble. A couple Reavers setting down to stir up the townsfolk. Folk talking about Gallagher hurting Lily, and Lily not wanting me to act on it. That just added to the turmoil. There's days I want to end Gallagher, and Lily brings out my protective instincts to the same level as Imrhien and Sabrina, but she's asked me to let him keep breathing so I do.

Hell with it. I'll let Ginni handle the office for a while. I'm heading up to the nest to clear cob webs and get in some practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment