Monday, January 26, 2009

Imrhien isn't pregnant

Firefly's lays claim to being the friendliest bar in the 'Verse. In my limited experience with bars, I'd say it's a true statement. But they can be a might daft some nights too.

Immers was dancing with General when I arrived and, after waiting a proper, polite, amount of time, I cut in on him. Still love dancing with her but I was there to tell her something important: that being Sabrina proposing. She damn near fell over when I told her too, laughing and smiling, the way I'd hoped she would. But leave it to those crazies to jump to conclusions.

Imrhien isn't pregnant.

Once one of them started, half the bar got in on it. Half expected it to come to violence before they finally settled down.

Fortunately, 'Brina made it back from her job before they closed and I let her make the announcement to the bar. She did it by asking Imrhien to be our second. Maid of Honor to both of us, seeing as how we weren't going to have a Best Man.

Folk seemed to like the idea, and I have to admit it made me feel warm inside. getting their congratulations. Best of all was Lily wishing us well. I know she's concerned, but I also know she cares about us both and I'm going to want her to be there when 'Brina and I finally get our ceremony.

Just wish these crazies we call friends would stop with the Pregnant jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment