Saturday, January 24, 2009

I knew the answer all along

I knew it was coming. We'd talked about it as 'something we're going to do' and even talked about taking 'Brina back to Ariel to meet my family. We both knew it was coming. Just not which of us was going to ask the question.

Turns out it was her. I was showing her a dress I'd gotten just because she wanted to know what it would take to get me into one, when she asked me to be hers forever. Asking if I'd marry her.

What else could I say? Of course I accepted!

Has it really been only a month? A month to go from 'someone to spend time with because you like their company, and they make life less lonely.' to 'someone you sleep with because the sex is amazing.' to "Yes, Sabrina. I will marry you."

Yes, Sabrina. I will marry you.

I never thought I'd say those words to anyone. And now, I've gone and got myself engaged. It may be the most impulsive thing I've done since I was twelve, but it feels so right. It is right. I need to arrange that trip home. She has to meet my folks. Get grandfather's blessing.

I'm so happy I can't even think straight. Again. I've got to tell Imrhien 'Brina and I are getting married.

I wonder if we can both have her as maid of honor?

No comments:

Post a Comment