Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Is it still called 'reconciliation' if it's the first time?

I never hated Td. Hell, I never even actually disliked him. Even though he could break my usual Zen like calm and get me genuinely angry, I didn't hate him. I couldn't hate him. How could I actually hate someone who loved her? Nack was right the other night. The Haiku was just a formal warning, not really a statement of disapproval. The sad thing is, deep in my gut, I knew all along he'd never do anything purposely to hurt her.

Just wish it hadn't taken pent up fury to bring us to reconciliation.

Assuming you could call it reconciliation the first time you make up with someone.

If I hadn't already been dealing with people peeing in my Sun Flakes all day over Lily, I might have been in a better frame of mind when Td started telling her not to talk to anyone until she got a shyster. I know he was just trying to help. Putting some time in down in the Infirmary to help Lily patch up the wounded. I know he didn't have all the background story. I know he was in the dark about what had happened and how we were handling things. I just wasn't up to having someone else, let alone him, giving me anything that even looked like grief over her.

An hour or so later he came by Wave Equation to talk. Being in a less then Zen state of mind, and wanting to hide in 'Brina's hair for a while, I can can't say the conversation was especially pleasant. It took another couple hours, replaying it in my mind after 'Brina went to sleep, to actually understand myself just what he was offering.

Unable to sleep, I snuck out of the boat for a bit of night air and found myself over at Fooks. Hadn't really expected Td to still be around, but there he was at the table by the back door. Much as I didn't want to admit it, I needed to talk to him. I had been a bit harsh earlier and he deserved to know why I'd been so cranky

I explained the situation with Lily best as we knew it and he gave me a couple of extra options in case it ever came to trial. He figured it was better we worked together then be pointing guns at one another, and he was right. Though I figure the most important part was when I said good night and admitted, sideways anyway, that I'd left the Haiku.

"Seana. If you really thought I was going to hurt her, you'd have killed me already."

Damn him. He was right. We both knew it. Fact was, if he made Imrhien happy, truly happy, they had my blessing. I wanted her to be happy, and if that meant stepping back and letting them be happy together, it wasn't my place to stand in their way.

So . . . hell. Leaves me giving him a genuine hug and heading back to bed to rejoin 'Brina. Truth be told, I'd rather have Td as an ally then an unspoken enemy. I may never think anyone is good enough for Imrhien, but she could do worse than him.

I can not hate you.
You have brought joy to her eyes.
I will have your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment