Sunday, March 1, 2009

Uneasy quiet

While I can't complain any about it being quiet, I've learned out here on the Rim that things just don't stay quiet for too long before something happens to spoil the calm. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, of course, but I'm going to keep a fresh mag in my fifty just in case.

Truth be told, it's not all quiet. Been getting bits and pieces about Lily drifting out our way. Seems Ben's been getting her into even more trouble since they cleared off of Ariel. details are pretty scarce, but there's paper out on them for armed robbery in Paradisio. What they were doing in that hell hole on that particular planet, I'm not going to try and fathom. But at least they're out of the core again.

I promised Lily I wouldn't hurt Ben. That doesn't mean some of the other folk who want to take a cricket bat to him won't. Can't make promises for other folk and I'd be lieing if I said I was inclined to stop them if they did.

All the recent news in this little calm's not bad though. Sabrina's gotten most of the work done to try and upload a virus into the warbots. Not sure it'll work, even if we can find a vector, but she's confident and it gives me hope. I've got a couple crowbars ready just in case, though I've been keeping that hidden lest someone slip and talk about them where it can get back to the potential targets.

Duncan got his hands on a surplus MedEvac boat, fixed it up a bit, and handed it over the Belize. Couldn't have been a more appropriate gift at a better time. With everything that's coming, a dedicated MedEvac boat'll save a lot of lives and I can't think of anyone better suited to running it.

And then there's the rumor that Td proposed to Immi. They've both been out in the Black for a spell, looking for bits for Full Burn before we take her to the yard for the upgrade. Can't say I didn't see it coming. Can't say any of us were surprised. Can't say I'm not just thrilled for them. Makes the family even more complete the way I see it. Just have to wait until they're back in the world to find out if the rumor is true.

All in all, not a bad little quiet spell.

Just not looking forward to the inevitable noises that're coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment