Thursday, March 5, 2009

The one wherein everyone takes an unplanned field excursion

I really hadn't expected to pick up with no warning and go full boost for Persephone, but when the wave come in from Peter MacLaren, saying he had Alexandra MacLaren, aka our Imrhien, and was going to sell her to the highest bidder between me, Duncan, Td, some guy by the name of Christopher Barnett, and Nack, there really wasn't much else for me to do.

So here we are. Full boost for Perseophone. Me, Td, Belize, Sabrina, and Lily. Focusing on getting Immi back, partially to keep Belize and Lily form arguing, but mostly because that's what we need to be focused on. Wave Equation's a fast boat, and we'll be there soon. Hopefully soon enough so as no one's temper gets bent.

The way I see it, when we arrive there's three options.

First: Imrhien's old man just takes the money and hands her over. Clean and simple. Just a business transaction and I'd explain to Grandfather later why I raided my funds. He gets the understanding that it's over and that'll be that.

First and a half.: He takes the money and tries to double cross us. That'd get messy right quick. How it came out would depend on what happened to Immi.

Second: Barnett buys her, the guy who I gather was originally going to be buying her, and we pay him to get her back. About as easy as the first option, but possibly more expensive. Of course, we could probably convince him it was in his best interest to cooperate.

Third: The Feds get there first. That didn't have a clean and simple extraction. That broke down into Three A, where I, and maybe one other, sneaks in and extracts her without anyone getting hurt. Three B, where I show them my active ID and demand the hand the prisoner over to me as part of a Black Ops initiative that they aren't cleared to know about. Not something I wanted to do. Three C, where it gets less sneaky and might involve people getting hurt.

Th Option Three scenarios all got a lot more complicated if the Feds moved her from a local station to a regional one before we got there.

All we've got now though is the wave from Immi's father, and the return wave asking for terms.

Just had to hope we got there first.

No comments:

Post a Comment