Saturday, February 14, 2009

Something's not right in the 'Verse

With everything that's been going on and Firefly's two year anniversary coming up, Nack decided to throw a shindig and put dates with his staff up for bid as a way to fetch some coin. Not a bad idea in of itself. Just think that putting up folks who're attached to other folk might not have been the best idea.

I was just glad I'd placed the winning bid on Sabrina. Don't think I'd have been able to go to the shindig if she was there with someone else. No. I know I wouldn't be able to go if it wasn't with her. I trusted her completely. That wasn't the question. It was just being some place important and not being here with her. Wouldn't have been pleasant, unless maybe it was Lily or Imrhien. Then I'd just be jealous that it wasn't me.

Knowing how worried I'd been about the bidding, I can only guess how torqued Td was after finding out he hadn't placed the winning bid on Imrhien. Duncan got that. He's a good man, Duncan, but the bid came as a bit of a surprise and I can imagine Td's none too happy.

It's odd though how people seem to be taking it. Half the folk I know are acting a bit strange. Like they all expected something to happen different than it did. Even Lily's acting a bit odd. Well, odd for her. I've seen Lily play on the dance poles off and on since I've known her. Climbing the metal tree. But never doing a full stripper impression. Nope. Not right at all.

And what was it with Td? Putting a crew together to make runs out in this part of space was a good idea. We had a few boats doing it already, but there was room for more. But wanting Sabrina as his Mechanic? Did he even bother to think I might not be too fancy on the idea of her risking her ass on a small boat in hostile space?

For for the record, Td. You may well have stolen my Companion. I concede that. But contrary to what you think, you can't steal my dog any time you want. Haley's happy where she is, thank you very much. Joo fay woo suh lah you're stealing my wife.

Yeah. Joke. I know. But after Caitlin, that joke isn't funny. Never will be.

Go hwong-tong. I wasn't acting right either.

No comments:

Post a Comment