Friday, August 7, 2009

It's never simple

Thins are not, technically, spinning out of control. For them to be out of control implies that at some point they were in control in the first place, which doesn't actually appear to be the case. I've said that nothing that happens on our little slice of heaven escapes my attention and that is almost true. But just because I know about something does not mean I have the slightest control over it.

But at least all the pieces are coming together. Finally. I don't know how this is ultimately going to work out, but I can at least see the end game. At least for this part. I see a way to save my little girls. And knowing what I know now, it's all the more important that I save them. Save them both.

I may lose the key to peace between Man and Machine, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. In fact, it's entirely possible that this may simply shift the roles. If everything works, Lily will be fully synthetic, and Aurora will be fully organic. Never mind that Lily has to die for this to work. I've been hung up on that all along. But Lily's not organic and her ghost can survive for a time without its shell. The trick will be extracting the backup from Aurora.

For that, we need Krenshar.

It's all happening so fast. Too fast. In hours now, it'll be done. One way or another, this chapter will have ended. Whether my little girls will both survive I don't know. But when Pandora's Box was opened, and all the evils of the world escaped, the one thing left behind was Hope.

Hope.

It must be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment