Tuesday, June 1, 2010

And then the Sheriff came back. . .

You'd have thought the Town Elders would have, at the very least, talked to me about something as subjectively important as reinstating the Sheriff after he'd resigned his post. Not that I especially minded them acting on their own in this case. I may not have always agreed with how he did his job, or even if he did his job, but the townsfolk seemed to like him and the Elders had their own reasons.

With the recent Reaver incidents and the Militia being forced to focus on them rather than the 'community patrol' duty none of them liked, I can understand folk wanting to have a full time lawman again. Whether we actually need one or not's not the issue so much as the perception that we do.

I still think it's funny that Hale's Moon didn't have a Sheriff until Genni Foxtrot shot me and we appointed Imrhien to the role. Seems Gallagher's lasted longest, in spite of everything that's happened on his watch. Not sure why law enforcement here's so hard on the folk that try and do it.

Still, the Town Elders letting him return takes some of the pressure off me. Plus it saves me having to hire on a constable or tender security contracts to whoever's looking to get one out this way. If he makes the townsfolk happy, good on him. Saves resources to try and find the new Reaver nest. Considering he resigned and I hadn't fired him, I don't even have to step into the argument. Anyone asks, the truth is he quit and the Elders let him take back his badge and gun. Didn't even ask me.

I can work with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment