Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dynamic interactions of temporaly related systems

Ghost in the Machine
Do you see the same future?

Peace between our kinds


Bringing my girls home

Significance understood

Merry Christmas, Blue
.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel. Mixed seems so . . . inadequate. I knew this was coming, of course. I've been watching. I believe it would fall under "misappropriating Alliance assets for personal use", though I could make a case that my interests support my official duties.

Whether it went exactly to plan didn't really matter. There were so many factors in play behind the scenes the outcome was assured. Lily and AuroraBlue would be where they needed to be, together, under favorable circumstances.

Now they are together. Lily and her cub. My little girls. Not as it was. But as it should be.

Thank you, Blue.

Merry Christmas.

I've said many times that no mother in history has gone through the trials I have with these two. An artificial life form and a genetic construct. My little girls. One by emotional attachment and legal adoption. The other, by even greater bonds. I loved them both and now they would have a chance to be, well, something more closely resembling a normal family. If anything really passed for normal out here.

Cody's asking for Lily's hand changes the equation as well. Whether he really knows what he's getting into or not I can't say, but he's sincere and he's already shown a willingness to put himself in harm's way for them. Don't know whether Lily will accept. After being reset, again, it's hard to say what'll be running through her mind. But he'll be in for a complicated ride. Lily's no ordinary girl and AuroraBlue's special in ways I'm not sure anyone understands.

Blue, maybe. If anyone. He's been at the core of this for longer than anyone realized. Might have even set it all in motion as part of his original agenda. But that agenda changed. Or maybe evolved. When Krenshar and Gallagher changed the equations, Blue had to adapt to a new situation, possibly setting new goals to suit.

Whether he had a new agenda or not didn't matter. He'd done his part to bring Lily and AuroraBlue back together. To make them both whole again. Lily would become AuroraBlue's mother, relieving Sabrina and Genni and I of our foster mother roles. I knew 'Brina wasn't really comfortable as a mom. She was better with machines than with younguns, and I was just fine with that. Neither of us had planned to be parents. Genni adored AuroraBlue. Treated her as her own. And me? I'm not really sure how I've done as a mother, but no matter how the details of the situation changed they'd still be my little girls.

I could live with that.

Family formed by chance
Future evolves as it should

A truth well hidden

No comments:

Post a Comment