Monday, October 26, 2009

The one wherein I blink, and many things change

Two days. Less really. Two days for the shape of the universe to change. It wasn't, of course, that melodramatic. But from my perspective it elicited a string of muttered curses in about eight languages. All of which could be summed up to "Wait. What?"

I know all to well that things can happen very, very, quickly. Sometimes too quickly to react to in any kind of sensible way. Or even to react to at all, when events are taking place too far away to be a part of.

Caliban, in orbit around Miranda at the ass end of the 'verse, is far enough out that it's hard to keep track of what's happening there. But that doesn't stop word getting back to me when things get strange.

I don't really have enough information to properly summarize the aftermath of Lily and Cody setting fire to Krenshar's labs. I know he'd set a bounty on them both, which Jai subsequently collected. That didn't make a lot of sense and later knowledge clarified the situation, including Lily's "marriage" to Cody.

All part of Lily's plan. An elaborate plan, well executed, that went completely unlike it's original intention. I'm sure they never intended for Krenshar to turn himself over to the Alliance. Or for him to be 'rescued' from being returned to Weyland-Yutani by something involving Blue Sun. Blue Sun, in this context, almost certainly meant x0x0, which begged the question of what interest she had in Krenshar and what had she done to arrange his release?

I have a feeling I'm going to be figuring out the aftermath of this for the next several weeks. I know Cody and Lily are safe, since they made it back to Hale's to explain what happened. At least from their perspective. The marriage, not surprisingly, was not just one of convenience, but one of illusion as well. Technically, they'd never been legally married.

A bit of a relief, that, actually.

The immediate questions I still had regarded Krenshar, x0x0, and Aurora. Kren I knew was back in the station on Caliban. x0x0? No idea. Aurora? Worse. Also no idea.

That left me worried.

I don't like being worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment