Thursday, April 16, 2009

Comings and goings

I know that nothing ever stays the same. We are dynamic creatures living in a dynamic universe. As the universe evolves, we evolve with it. Changing. Ever changing. The people and places we know changing along with us. Sometimes change is good. Sometimes change is just change. And sometimes. . . Sometimes change is something we wish we could undo.

Gallagher's come back to Hale's from where ever he's been for the last month or so. The townsfolk seem to have forgiven the misunderstanding that led to Lily being tried for Murder, and nearly sending Hale's and Blackburne into a shooting war. I'll have to sit down and talk to him at some point and see where he's been. Up side though is he's going to concentrate on doing forensics to support local Law Enforcement. Not that we have a lot of complicated crime, or even an official sheriff these days. Belize will remain our doc, which is fine by me.

Owl's decided to move to Hale's and take over our hydroponics building. Was a little odd running into her back on Blackburne a few weeks back. Weren't exactly close, but we'd gotten each other through an Op gone bad and we've both mellowed in the years since.

Down side is Lily, Aurora, and Krenshar have all taken off from thier homes. Aurora being gone is no great surprise. She's only weeks old, but she's no toddler in spite of her form, and she's already managed to knock a working mini-skiff together and gotten out into the Black.

She's not Human. Not not-cat either. She just is. I see so much of her mother in her, yet there's so much more. It's like being in the presense of an elemental force of nature. She doesn't scare me, but she's far beyond my experience. Just liker her mother.

Lily. Mei Mei. Off in the Wastes again, this time out with Leo. At least I have no ill feelings about who she's travelling with. He's a good man and I trust him not to hurt her. I just wish she'd stayed here with us. More, I hope she finds her way home.

And Krenshar. Our resident artificial life form. Where are you? Gone to try and recover your brethren from wherever they were spirited off to? Somewhere deep in the tunnels hunting for Mother Bot, or on some other mission of your own? Wish I knew. It feels wrong. You were a fixture here back before Weyland Yutani abandoned the colony years ago. Just doesn't seem right to not feel your presence around town.

I'm still here though.

Sometimes feels like I always have been.

And even with the comings and goings, I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment